People are at the heart of everything we do. We assess individual needs for livelihood support based on their individual needs and circumstances. We use the findings from our Sustainable Livelihoods Survey to build a complete understanding of the socio-economic and disability context. Using this information, we work with individuals and their
family members to co-produce a personalised vision and livelihood plan. And undertake periodic
monitoring and review.
We seek to foster research from a disability perspective in the areas of:
- Rural Livelihoods and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Environmental health, occupational standards and decent work in agriculture and agribusiness.
- Food provenance, safety, security, local markets and blockchain technology.
Some of our key achievements over the financial year 2022 include:
- 2000 plus persons with disability and women members were surveyed.
- Sustainable Livelihoods Longitudinal Study framework developed.
- Research priorities identified and in place.