DEAL Foundation’s response to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has been informed by its network of self-help groups across village communities and partner organizations working in the district of Gadag.
This has helped develop a sense of the situation on the ground and promote understanding of what needs to be done immediately and in the medium-term to provide support to at risk and vulnerable communities.
Immediate and medium-term support provided to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on lives and livelihoods include:
- Awareness on Covid appropriate behavior and the need for vaccination.
- Online registration for vaccination and follow-through with the local PHC.
- Chaperone services for persons receiving vaccination.
- General health advisory on managing quarantine and Covid symptoms.
- Subsistence and livelihood assistance for persons with disability.
- Psychological and online counselling.
- Increase capacity for Covid screening and
- Monitoring of people with symptoms and at risk groups in the community.
|SL No||Name of the Taluk||Name of the Gram Panchayath||Name of the Prmiary Health Care (PHC)|
|1||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS)|
|2||Gadag Maternity Hospital|
|3||Mundargi Taluk Hospital|
Long-term changes and support:
DEAL Foundation is consulting stakeholders to identify change and support issues that need to be addressed to ensure effective recovery from the Pandemic and to build individual and community resilience
- What problem should DEAL Foundation seek to solve?
- Why do you believe this problem needs to be addressed?
- Does this problem matter to other people?
- Do you believe DEAL Foundation is in a position to address this problem?
- Are there changes you believe DEAL Foundation can make that can help recover from the Pandemic?
- What are these changes?
- How do you see DEAL Foundation emerging from this Pandemic?
- How would you want things to be different post the Pandemic?
- Does what you want to see post the Pandemic help you connect on a personal level with others?
For further information on our response to the Covid-19 pandemic, please e-mail us at:
Consultation on Covid-19 Response and Recovery
Covid-19 Vaccination for Persons with Disability, Attitude and Uptake Survey Pilot
We at Disability Entrepreneurship and Leadership (DEAL) Foundation are asking residents of Yediyur Ward in Bengaluru for their thoughts on Covind-19 Vaccination.
The survey pilot has been organized in cooperation with:
- Department of Women and Child Development,
- Department of Empowerment of Differently Abled and Senior Citizens and
- BBMP Bengaluru
- Karnataka State Legal Services Authority Bengaluru
- Carers Worldwide and
- Amend Bengaluru
Feedback gathered from the survey will help improve access to vaccination services and support and reduce the impact of Covid-19 on residents and people from vulnerable groups in the city.
Covid-19 Vaccination for Persons with Disability, Attitude and Uptake Survey Pilot Report.