DEAL Foundation’s response to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has been informed by its network of self-help groups across village communities and partner organizations working in the district of Gadag.
This has helped develop a sense of the situation on the ground and promote understanding of what needs to be done immediately and in the medium-term to provide support to at risk and vulnerable communities.
Immediate and medium-term support provided to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on lives and livelihoods include:
- Awareness on Covid appropriate behavior and the need for vaccination.
- Online registration for vaccination and follow-through with the local PHC.
- Chaperone services for persons receiving vaccination.
- General health advisory on managing quarantine and Covid symptoms.
- Subsistence and livelihood assistance for persons with disability.
- Psychological and online counselling.
- Increase capacity for Covid screening and
- Monitoring of people with symptoms and at risk groups in the community.
|SL No||Name of the Taluk||Name of the Gram Panchayath||Name of the Prmiary Health Care (PHC)|
|1||Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS)|
|2||Gadag Maternity Hospital|
|3||Mundargi Taluk Hospital|
Long-term changes and support:
DEAL Foundation is consulting stakeholders to identify change and support issues that need to be addressed to ensure effective recovery from the Pandemic and to build individual and community resilience
- What problem should DEAL Foundation seek to solve?
- Why do you believe this problem needs to be addressed?
- Does this problem matter to other people?
- Do you believe DEAL Foundation is in a position to address this problem?
- Are there changes you believe DEAL Foundation can make that can help recover from the Pandemic?
- What are these changes?
- How do you see DEAL Foundation emerging from this Pandemic?
- How would you want things to be different post the Pandemic?
- Does what you want to see post the Pandemic help you connect on a personal level with others?
For further information on our response to the Covid-19 pandemic, please e-mail us at: