New Group Formation:
During the month, thirty people formed three Self-Help Groups in Dambal and Mevundi villages to examine suitable livelihood options.
Group bank account opening:
Sri Valmiki self-help group took their first step towards financial inclusion by opening their group bank account at Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank in Mevundi village in Gadag district.
SHG / JLG monthly meetings:
Monthly meetings were held for members of Joint Liability Groups and Self Help Groups.
Book keeping and financial inclusion trainings:
During the month, we conducted book-keeping and financial inclusion trainings for members of Sri Valmiki, Adhishakti and Huchireshwara Self Help Groups at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Training on classification of disabilities:
We conducted training on classification of disabilities in accordance with the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act 2016 to members of Sharmisavali Joint Liability Group at Dambal village in Gadag district.
Members of Sri Sharanabasaveswara Self Help Group and Janani Self Help Group received revolving funds from the Agriculture Department Mundargi Taluk.
Skill development and capacity building training programme:
DEAL Foundation and Agriculture Department Mundargi jointly conducted a skills development and capacity building training programme under the ATMA project for members of Joint Liability Groups and Self Help Groups.
Tailoring and apparel training:
Tailoring training continued at our tailoring and apparel training unit at Mevundi village in Gadag district. This enables the women in and around Mevundi to opt for an alternate livelihood activity.
Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling work continued at our agriculture and horticulture training plot at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Forth coming event highlights:
- Ten new Joint Liability Groups including ten persons with disabilities to be established.
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for two Joint Liability groups.
- Groups capacity building and livelihood training.
- Tailoring apparels training to continue.
- Vermicompost preparation work.
- Guava and curry leaves harvest and marketing.
- FPO Preparation work
- Cooperative society work
- Baseline survey at Mundargi Hubli.
- Disability awareness training for communities to commence.
- Establishment of Aramba Svaudyog Kendras (ASK centers).