Group Formation in Mevundi Panchayath Ekalaspura
During the month, a total of 40 people with disabilities formed 4 Joint Liability Groups, 1 Self Help Group to examine suitable livelihood options
Shree-Vikalachenar-JLG bank account opening in Janthly-Siruru Village
The other main event was that 6 joint liability groups of 30 people with disabilities, have taken their first step to financial inclusion through opening up of JLG bank accounts.
Capacity building Training Doni Village JLG and Livelihood training Dambal village Jamalsavali JLG
Capacity building and Livelihood training sessions were held at Doni and Dambla.
Shree-Renukadevi JLG Bank Loan Application process
Ekalaspura Shree Renukadevi joint liability group bank loan application submitted in Mevundi branch
Mundargi-Hobali-Kalakeri village survey
Sustainable livelihoods survey and needs mapping was held at Mundargi hobli Kalakeri village
Forthcoming event highlights:
- 10 new JLG’S including 50 people with disabilities to be established.
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for 8 JLG’S scheduled to for September.
- Livelihood and Entitlement check training session have been planned for September.
- Member’s entitlement check will be completed for 26 JLG during September.
- Work underway to establish the Tailoring & Apparels Social Enterprise.
- Training on Guava plant layering using 400 trees to commence in September.
- People with disabilities engaged in production and marketing of produce grown by them.
- MOU between DEAL Foundation & University of Agricultural Sciences Dharwad renewed.
- New community outreach sustainable livelihood training centre to be established at Shiggaon to provide services to 1500 households of people with disabilities across Laxmeshwar and Shiggaon Taluks.
- Digital enterprise training and incubation centre to be established in Bengaluru.