Eyes are one of the most important sense organ of the human body as it helps see and understand things and make sense of the world around.
While we are dependent on our eyes for most of the activities we do, it is equally important for us to ensure to maintain the health of the eyes. By doing this, we can avoid further health complications that may arise and also function better.
In order to maintain the health of the eyes, one needs to ensure to.
- Like always, eat a healthy diet: Which means ensure to include lots of fruits and green leafy vegetables in the diet. Also, eating fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut can also help your eyes.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Overweight or obesity leads to diabetes and having diabetes brings with it the risk of contracting retinopathy.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercises helps reduce harmful diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. These diseases can be the major cause for eye problems so regular exercises can help reduce the risk of contracting visual problems.
- Wear sun glasses: Too much exposure to the sun can cause damage to the eye and increase the risk of contracting cataracts and age-related macular degeneration. Hence it is important to wear sun glasses that block out 99 to 100% of both UV-A and UV-B radiation.
- Wear protective eye wear: By doing this one can considerably reduce eye injuries that can arise when playing sports, working in factories, construction, and doing repairs or projects.
- Avoid smoking: Just smoking is injurious and is a major cause for many other unhealthy factors, it is also a reason to develop age-related eye diseases such as macular degeneration and cataracts and can damage the optic nerve.
- Be aware of your family history: Some eye diseases are inherited hence it is important to know your family history so that it can help you from having them.
- Ensure to give your eyes some rest: If you continuously stare at your computer or television screen for a long time without blinking, your eyes can get tired. Remember to follow the 20-20-20 rule Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds.
Disability Entrepreneurship And Leadership (DEAL) Foundation works across the districts of gadag and Bengaluru to promote sustainable livelihood opportunities for persons with disabilities.
As health is one main string that binds life and livelihood together, we believe that giving prominence for a healthy life is a must.
To do this, we ensure to check on the health aspect of every person with disability we work with and promote awareness on the importance of health to families, care givers and persons with disabilities.
For specific questions one might have regarding the blog, please write to us at email@example.com
To know more about the work we do, please log on to www.deal-foundation.com