Local Enterprise Development.
At DEAL Foundation, our focus is on building capacity and replacing traditional beneficiary models of service delivery based on meeting individual/community need with creating
transformational services where communities work together to create measurable outcomes and social impact.
Towards this end, we act as a conduit to raise and use community resources and build partnerships with grassroot bodies and institutions to carry forward these aims, to structure
itself in a way which enables their delivery and to create a culture which supports them.
We believe that a bottom-up development process is essential to:
- Harness the potential of local community innovations and solutions to address present day
- Support the development of a funding mechanism that is community-centric and is not
- Support the process of building sustainable communities post the Covid19 Pandemic.
Some of our key achievements over the financial year 2022 include:
- Creation of Surakshita Disabled Persons Savings & Credit Cooperative.
- Work was undertaken to establish a district-wide women Producers Company for production and
processing of millets.
- Work was undertaken to develop and extend community-based model apiary in rainfed areas.