New Group Formation:
During the month, we formed a new Joint Liability Group called Nandini JLG at Eklasapur village in Gadag district.
Bank account opening:
Nandini JLG from Eklasapur village in Gadag took their first step towards financial inclusion by opening their group bank account.
Bank loan application:
Two groups, Sainatha JLG from Mevundi village and Sri Radhakrishna JLG from Eklasapur village took their first step towards economic independence by submitting an application for group bank loan.
Sanction of group loans:
During this month, three groups, Radhakrishna JLG, Renukadevi JLG and Mahashakti JLG got their group bank loans sanctioned by Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) Mevundi branch.
Monthly group meetings:
We conducted monthly group meetings for Bhuvaneshwari JLG at Petalur village and Jyothi JLG at Harogeri village in Gadag district.
Leadership training programme:
We conducted leadership training programs for two groups, Adishakti JLG and Huchireshwara JLG at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Disability awareness training:
We conducted training on classification of disability in accordance with The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act 2016 for the president of Gram Panchayat and members of Petalur village at Mundargi Taluk in Gadag.
Entitlement benefit check survey:
We conducted surveys on entitlement benefits check in Mevundi and Baradur villages in Gadag district. These surveys were conducted with an aim to educate and create awareness about the benefits available and the procedures to avail them.
Kisan Gosthi programme:
We conducted a Kisan Gosthi programme for farmers and self-help group members in collaboration with Agriculture Department Mundargi at Mevundi village in Gadag. This training was conducted with views to approach the farmers towards digitization in agriculture and allied sectors and to make their deliberate communication with agricultural institutes.
Tailoring and apparel training unit:
Tailoring training continued at our tailoring and apparel training unit at Mevundi village in Gadag district. This enables the women in and around Mevundi to opt for an alternate livelihood activity.
Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling work continued at our agriculture and horticulture training plot at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Forthcoming Event Highlights
- Ten new Joint Liability groups including ten persons with disabilities to be established
- Financial inclusion and bank linkages for two Joint Liability Groups
- Capacity Building and Livelihood Training for Joint Liability Groups and Self-Help Groups
- Tailoring and apparel training to continue
- Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling work to continue
- Guava and curry leaves harvest and marketing
- FPO preparation work
- Cooperative Society registration work to continue
- Survey work at Mevundi village in Gadag district
- Establishment of an ‘Aramba Svaudyog Kendra (ASK) Center at Mevundi village in Gadag district