New Self-Help Group formation:
During the month a total of twenty people formed two Self-Help Groups at Mundargi and Baradur villages in Gadag district to explore suitable livelihood options.
Group bank account opening:
Belaku Self-Help Group Mevundi and Asha Kirana Self-Help Group Mundargi took their first step towards financial inclusion by opening their group bank accounts at KVG Bank Mevundi and KCC Bank Mundargi.
New staff induction and training:
As part of scale-up of our livelihoods project, we inducted and trained four new staff at our office in Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Monthly group meetings:
Monthly group meetings for Joint Liability Groups and Self-Help Groups were held at Dambal village in Gadag district.
New livelihood opportunities:
Members of Joint Liability Groups started their own businesses after having their loan sanctioned by the bank.
Financial planning training:
We met with members of Renukadevi JLG at Halligudi village in Gadag district to discuss about the importance and need for group savings to achieve financial security.
Tailoring and apparel training:
Tailoring and apparel training continued at our training center at Mevundi village in Gadag district
Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling work continued at our agriculture and horticulture plot at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Forthcoming event highlights:
- Ten new Joint Liability Groups including ten persons with disabilities to be formed
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for two Joint Liability groups
- Capacity building and livelihood training
- Tailoring and apparel training to continue
- FPO registration work
- Cooperative Society registration work
- Baseline survey to start at Mundargi taluk
- Disability awareness training to commence
- Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling
- Guava and curry leaves harvest and marketing
- Establishment of ASK center at Mevundi village