Deal Foundation is working in 7 talukas of Gadag district and details of the activities and events that took place in November.
1) The following are the details of the formation of the Self-Help Society of the Handicapped and Women in November.
In this month, a total of 7 self-help societies have been formed in Mundaragi and Shirahatti taluks and there are 72 members, 5 self-help societies for disabled people and 2 women’s self-help societies, the purpose of which is to take loans from the bank for self-employment of disabled members and to do dairy farming, sheep and goat rearing and many other activities.
- Jnanjyothi Vikalchethan Self Help Society Odavi Taluk Shirahatti and
- Anjaneya Vikalchethanara Mahila Self Help Sangha Dambala Taluka Mundargi and
- Saibaba Mahila Self Help Sangh Kotuma Chagi Taluka Gadag and
- Basaveshwar Vikalchetana Swasaha Sangha Kirageri Taluk Lakshmeshwar and
- Shri Grama Dewa Vikalchethanara Swasaha Sangh Kanvi Gadag and
- Banashree Mahila Self Help Sangha, Shirahatti Taluka Shirahatti and
- Mallikarjuna Self Help Society for the Disabled Chinchali Taluk Gadag
2) A total of 8 disabled people’s associations in Shirahatti and Naragunda taluk and 1 women’s self-help group, a total of 9 groups have opened a savings account in the name of the groups in Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank Canara Bank to have bank loan facility.
- Kalmeshwar Vikalchethanara Sangh Kirtageri Taluka Gadag and
- Chanakya Vikala Chetanra Sangha Gadag
- Sri Gajanan Vikalchetan Sangha Shirahatti and
- Madina Vikalchethan Sangha Lakshmeshwar and
- Banashankari Vikalchetana Sangh Konnoor Naragunda and
- Balumama Vikalchethanara Sangha Kusalapura Taluk Shirahatti and
- Shiv Vikalchethana Sangh Budihala and
- Sangha Chikka Handigola and
- Banashree Mahila Self Help Sangh Magadi Ta//Shirahatti.
3) A board meeting of Safe Credit Cooperative Society was held at Mevundi village in Mundaragi taluk. In the meeting, Sidbi and staff members of Deal Foundation participated and discussed the work activities.
4) In Naragunda Shirahatti Mundaragi taluks, 7 Disability Self Help Society’s total 70 members, awareness training for disabled people, economic finance training and leadership training. Entrepreneurship training and sustainable livelihood training were conducted for members of the disabled group.
- 1) Shambhavi Vikalchetana Sangha Naragunda
- 2) Shirahatti Association of Disabled Persons of Gajan
- 3) Banashankari Devi Vikalchetana Sangha Naragunda
- 4) Bhoomi Sri Vikalachetana Sangh Budihala Mundaragi
- 5) Iswara Linga Vikalchetana Sangha Mevundi
- 6) Arundhati Mahila Sangh drought distance
- 7) Balu Mama Vikalchetana Sangh Puslapur .
5 ) Environment Prosperity Farmers Producers Company meeting was held together with directors and members in which 50 members participated.
6) The Department of Agriculture Gadag Department of Agriculture Mundaragi and Dil Foundation jointly conducted training on food and nutrition security and pulses and cropping systems for 50 farmers at Dil Foundation.
7) A total of 22 disabled families have been surveyed this month
8) Preparation of earthworm manure in the tank of Deal Foundation organization and removal of manure and putting it in three acres of tank and sale of earthworm manure in the exhibition and giving training on earthworm preparation to disabled families and self-help societies
9) Deal Foundation has started a sewing training centre for disabled families and women at Mevundi, which has been running for four consecutive years. Deal-Foundation Mevundi -Tailoring Unit class
Here are the highlights for next month:
- 25 new self-help groups including 250 persons with disabilities will be established.
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for 10 SHGs.
- To impart capacity building and livelihood training to 20 groups.
- To continue sewing training and garment-making services at Mevundi.
- Continuation of earthworm composting work
- Recruiting of Farmer Producers Company 25 new members (FPO work.)
- Collaborative Work Sharing Total Collecting Work 50
- 20 groups of awareness training and group-wise training
- To continue the activities of the Aramba Self Employed Center (ASK Center) and locate the office of Aramba Soudoga Kendra at Lakshmeshwar Naragunda Rona.
- Conducting a preliminary meeting to register district cooperative work with other taluks except Mundaragi.