New Joint Liability Group formation activities
During the month, a total of fifteen people with disabilities formed three Joint Liability Groups in Halligudi village to examine sustainable livelihood options.
JLG bank opening activities
A Joint Liability Group with five members have taken their first step to financial inclusion by opening their JLG bank account.
Capacity Building Training
We conducted Capacity Building training for Joint Liability Groups in Tambragundi and Harogeri villages.
DEAL Foundation’s Tailoring and Apparel Training Unit
Three month tailoring and apparel training courses are being conducted at our training unit.
Foxtail and finger millet crop harvesting
Foxtail and finger millet crop harvesting at DEAL Farm Mevundi village.
Local marketing of organic guava and curry leaves
Local marketing of organic guava and curry leaves from our Parisara Sannidhi project.
Vacuum Packaging Technology Training at Gadag
Joint Liability Group members attended the Vacuum Packaging Technology Training at Gadag organized jointly by Department of Horticulture Gadag, University of Agricultural Sciences Dharwad (UASD) and DEAL Foundation.
De-weeding of maize crop
De-weeding of maize crop at our Parisara Sannidhi project area at Mevundi village.
Vermicompost harvesting at DEAL Farm, Mevundi village.
Forthcoming Event Highlights:
- 6 new JLGs (including 25 people with disabilities) to be established
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for 4 JLGs
- Bank loan linkage for 4 JLGs
- Group capacity building and livelihood training
- Tailoring and apparels training
- Activity video and Documentation work
- DSFYR work
- Vermicompost harvesting
- Guava and curry leaves harvest and marketing
- Curry leaves plant preparation
- Commencing dairy activity
- Sunflower crop sowing