Joint Liability Group Formation
During the month five people formed a Joint Liability Group called Shri Annapurneshwari JLG in Dambal village in Gadag district to examine suitable livelihood options.
Joint Liability Group Bank Account Opening
Shri Annapurneshwari JLG took their first step towards financial inclusion by opening their group bank account at Karnataka Vikas Grameeda Bank (KVGB) at Dambal village in Gadag district.
Bank Loan Application and Bank Linkages
During the month we helped six groups with bank linkages and assisted a Joint Liability Group with bank loan application preparation.
Capacity Building Training
We conducted Capacity Building Training for two Joint Liability Groups at Eklasapur village in Gadag district.
Financial Inclusion Event
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) and DEAL Foundation jointly conducted an Outreach and Financial Literacy Programme for Joint Liability Group members at Eklasapur village in Gadag district. Around 100 members attended the programme.
Members of Manjunatha Joint Liability Group from Eklasapur village in Gadag being vaccinated after vaccination awareness drive by DEAL Foundation.
New Livelihood Activities
Members of ‘Radhakrishna JLG’, ‘Shri Gowri JLG’ , ‘Yallammadevi JLG’ and ‘Chetan JLG’ started dairy farming after availing bank loans with support from DEAL Foundation.
Tailoring training classes continued at our Tailoring Training Unit at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Sunflower Crop Harvesting
Sunflower Harvesting at DEAL Foundation’s Agriculture Training Plot at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Vermicompost harvesting and pit filling work continued at Mevundi village in Gadag district.
Forthcoming Month Highlights:
- Two new Joint Liability Groups including ten persons with disabilities to be formed.
- Financial inclusion and bank linkage for two Joint Liability Groups.
- Groups Capacity Building and Livelihood Training to be conducted.
- Tailoring & Apparels Training to be continued.
- DSFYR Work
- Vermicompost preparation work
- Guava and curry leaves harvest and marketing
- FPO preparation work
- Beekeeping activities to commence.
- Women Group Members Exposure Visit at Mundargi and Shirahatti Taluk