The monsoon season is one of the most welcome seasons for many as it helps beat the summer and helps keep the temperature cool.
Much as it has its own advantages, it is also important for us to remember to stay healthy throughout the season in order to be able to enjoy the season to the fullest.
This article brings out a few important must follow health tips which helps in maintaining good health.
- Always stay well hydrated. The temptation to drink less fluid during the monsoons is high as the temperature is cool and one doesn’t feel the need for it. But in order to keep our bodies healthy, and increase the immunity levels it is very essential to keep ourselves well hydrated at all times.
This not only includes drinking water but also other healthy beverages such as nimbu paani or fruit smoothies. By doing this one can also ensure the consumption of different nutrients essential for a balanced diet.
- In all possible circumstances avoid eating food outside; usually light food that is cooked at home is most suitable during the monsoon season as it is easy to digest. In addition to this, eating outside food needs to be avoided as it is usually exposed to an open environment and can be a home ground for bacteria and germs and every time one eats outside, one is most likely to contract diseases.
- Maintain good toilet hygiene. It is important to use tile and floor soap to clean the toilets, take a shower using disinfectants like savlon or detol every time you get wet in the rain.
- Use a mosquito repellent. It is important to take a few precautions to keep our residence free from mosquitoes. First it is advisory to use insect repellents generously, as mosquito borne diseases such as dengue and malaria are most likely to spread during monsoons.
Secondly it is wise to ensure there is no open water storage at the place of residence, as mosquitoes are usually born through stagnant water.
And finally, always keep the windows and doors of the house closed so as to prevent them from entering in.
- Wear full-sleeved clothes. While that is done, also avoid wearing cotton clothes during rains as it absorbs water very quickly, and iron your clothes so as to avoid moisture in your clothes.
- It is always good to avoid visiting crowded places. Most people tend to suffer from cold or infectious diseases during the monsoons; it is always wise to maintain distance from such people. And when on travel ensure to stay well protected.
- Always ensure to maintain personal hygiene and keep the surroundings clean. Personal hygiene is a must at all times. During monsoons ensure to carry an umbrella and wear a rain coat before stepping out of the house, take a hot bath as soon as you are back, drink something hot to keep yourself warm, sanitise your hands before you eat something, and use disinfectants to clean the surroundings.
It is essential to be extra careful to protect from diseases during the monsoon. These tips can definitely help!
(Image courtesy: bookeventz.com)
Disability Entrepreneurship And Leadership (DEAL) Foundation works across the districts of Gadag and Bengaluru to promote sustainable livelihood opportunities and ensure a healthy life for persons with disabilities.
In view of this, we ensure to promote awareness on healthy habits and nearby hospitals and clinics to those we closely work with.
For more questions regarding the blog please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about the work we do, please log on to www.deal-foundation.com